IoT: Is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals or people that are provided with unique identifiers (UIDs) and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human – to – human or human – to – computer interaction. Some people call it the extension of Internet. A thing in the internet of things can be a pele monitor implant, a farm animal with a biochip transponder an automobile that alert the driver when tire pressure is low or any other natural or man – made object that can be assigned an IP adress and is able to transfer data over a network Increasingly, organizations in a variety of industries are using lot to operate more efficiently, better understand customers to deliver enhanced customer service, improve decision – making and increase the value of the business.
Benefits of IoT
The internet of things offers a number of benefits to organizations, enabling them to:
1. Monitor their overall business processes.
2. Improve the customer experience.
3. Save time and money.
4. Enhance employee productivity.
5. Integrate and adapt business models.
6. Make better business decisions.
7. Generate more revenue.
loT encourages companies to rethink the ways they approach their businesses, industries and markets and gives them the tools to improve their business strategies.
Disadvantages of IoT
1. Compatibility: As of now, there is no standard for tagging and monitoring with sensors. A uniform concept like the USB or Bluetooth is required which should not be that difficult to do.
2. Complexity: There are several opportunities for failure with complex systems. For example, both you and your spouse may receive messages that the milk is over and both of you may end up buying the same that leaves you with double the quantity required. On there is a software bug causing the printer to order ink multiple times when it requires a single cartridge.
3. Privacy / Security: Privacy is a big issue with lot. Anime date must be encrypted so that data about your financial status or how much milk you.consume knowledge at the work place or with your friends.
4.Safety: There is a chance that the software can be hacked and your personal information misused. The possibilities are endless. Your prescription being changed or your account details being hacked could put you at risk. Hence, all the safety risks become thensumer’s responsibility.
How IoT works
An IoT ecosystem consists of web – enabled smart devices that use embedded processors, sensors and communication hardware to collect, send and act on data they acquire from their environments. IoT devices share the sensor data they collect by connecting to an IoT gateway or other edge device where data is either sent to the cloud to be analyzed or analyzed locally. Sometimes.
These devices communicate with other related devices and act on the information they get from one another. The devices do most of the work without horren intervention, although people can interact with the devices – for instance, to set them up, give them instructions or access the data.
Example of an IoT System
Integration Between IoT and Other Technologies
lot depends on various technologies to develop and to process the huge amount of Data by using some technologies, like:
1. Big Data that can process the huge data that has been collected from lot sensors in order to take a decision, analyze, use it as a valid input for another applications.
2. Cloud Computing to take benefit of huge space in cloud to make backups and having more processing power to utilize it Processing.
3. High – Speed Internet Technologies, Like: (5G, Fiber, Satellite Internet “Elon Musk” Project) that helps in transmitting the data in a very high speed so “almost” no delay for real – time applications like: Weather status, ad GPS navigation.