Is the use of a system that constantly monitors a computer network for slow or failing components and that notifies the network administrator (via email, SMS or other alarms) in case of outages or other trouble. Some professionals consider Network monitoring is part of network management.
Network Monitoring Benefits
- Stay ahead of outages.
- Fix issues faster.
- Gain immediate RoI.
- Manage to grow, changing networks.
- Identify security threats.
- Justify equipment upgrades.
It is the process of administering and managing computer networks. Services provided by this discipline include fault analysis, performance management, provisioning of networks, and maintaining the quality of service.
Network Management Benefits
- Lower TCO of the entire network and data center infrastructure.
- Accelerated time-to-market for innovation and new services.
- Enhanced end-user experience and customer satisfaction.
- Simplified data center and network management.
- Increased efficiency with reduced operational and capital expenditures.